44 History of Wake Forest College
are already beginning to flower. The lower branches of the magnolias
and other low-branching trees have been pruned away so that vision
may be wider. From year to year new trees are planted to take the
places of those that decay. Near the northwestern corner a space was
leveled off in 1915 for an athletic ground and is now used for three of
the tennis courts of the College. The buildings will be treated of later.
Previous Page Next Page