The School of Medicine 357
until June, 1924, when he resigned and accepted a like position in the
Medical College of Virginia.
Dr. Phillips was succeeded as Professor of Pathology by Dr. T. C.
Wyatt, who after receiving the degree of B.S. from Wake Forest in
1920 and the M.D. degree from Syracuse University in 1922, had
served as instructor in Pathology in that institution. He served only
one year at Wake Forest, when he returned to Syracuse University to
take a professorship in the department of Pathology.
To succeed Dr. Wyatt the Trustees chose Dr. F. W. Carroll, who
received the B.A. degree from Wake Forest College in 1916, and the
M.A. degree in 1918, and the B.A. in Medicine in 1923; he received
his M.D. degree from the Medical College of Virginia in 1925. He
served as professor of Pathology for the two years, 1925-26, when he
resigned and took up the practice of medicine in eastern North
Carolina.
Dr. C. C. Carpenter was chosen as professor of Pathology and
Physical Diagnosis in the summer of 1926, and has since served in
that position. He received his B.A. degree from Wake Forest College
in 1922, and the M.D. degree from Syracuse University in 1924; for
the years 1924-26 he had been an instructor in that institution. He has
been professor of Pathology in the Wake Forest School since 1926
and dean since 1936; he was assistant dean for the year, 1935-36.
For the year 1927-28, Dr. E. S. King was acting professor of
Bacteriology and Physiological Chemistry, and he was formally
elected to the place by the Board in June, 1928, and served as such,
1927-36, when he was made professor of Bacteriology and Preventive
Medicine, which position he still holds.
Dr. George C. Mackie was professor of Physiology and
Pharmacology 1931-1941. He received the B.A. degree from Wake
Forest College in 1924 and the B.S. degree in 1926, and the M.D.
degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1928. He was intern at
the Philadelphia General Hospital, 1928-30. He was associate
professor of Physiology and Pharmacology in the Wake Forest
College School of Medicine, 1930-31, and a year
Previous Page Next Page