The School of Medicine 365
in charge of the Bowman Gray Foundation, who on August 3, 1939,
awarded that fund to the School on condition that it be brought to
Winston-Salem and with the aid of the Fund be conducted as a four-
year Medical College. It is now operating with success in this wider
field of usefulness and service to which it was moved in June, 1941.