472 History of Wake Forest College
C. E. Taylor, B.Litt., D.D., LL.D., Assistant Professor of Latin and
German, 1870-71; Professor of Latin and German, November, 1871-
George W. Manly, Ph.D., Professor, 1886-90. G. W. Greene, M.A.,
J. B. Carlyle, M.A., Assistant Professor of Latin and Greek, 1888-
90; Professor, 1890 till death, July 10, 1911.
H. M. Poteat, Ph.D., Instructor, 1906-08; Professor, since 1911 (on
leave of absence, 1911-12).
G. W. Paschal, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, 1896-1905 (on leave of
absence, 1899-1900); Associate Professor, 1905-11; Professor of
Greek and Latin, 1911-28.
E. M. Poteat, B.A., Assistant Professor, 1885-86.
W. B. Daniel, M.A., Assistant Professor, 1899-1900.
J. C. Maske, M.A., Assistant Professor, 1890, till death, September
R. W. Haywood, M.A., Instructor, 1894-95; Assistant Professor,
Instructors: A. B. Ray, 1909-10; A. B. Combs, B.A., and G. M.
Rodwell, 1910-11; M. A. Huggins, L. G. Bullard, R. A. Marsh, 1911-
12; R. A. Marsh, 1912-13; Guerrant Ferguson, 1913-14.
Assistants: D. A. Covington, 1903-04; C. T. Goode, 1904-05; H. M.
Poteat, 1905-06; K. D. Brown, 1921-22; G. B. Snuggs, 1928-30.
Thomas Meredith, M.A., Professor of Mathematics and Natural
Philosophy, 1834-did not serve.
John B. White, M.A., Professor of Mathematics and Natural
William T. Walters, M.A., Professor, 1852-68.
L. R. Mills, M.A., Adjunct Professor, 1867-71; Professor, 1871-
W. H. Michael, M.A., Assistant Professor of Latin and Mathe-